Xiaomi is expected to launch the Mi 4 smartphone in India on January 28th, according to a report from ET. At the Mi Note and Mi Note Pro launch event in China, Xiaomi’s Vice President Hugo Barra said block your date for 28th. Earlier Manu Jain, Operations Head of Mi India said that they would be launching the Mi 4 smartphone at the end of January.
Xiaomi unveiled the Mi 4 smartphone back in July last year. The Xiaomi Mi 4 and the Mi Pad were expected to launch by the end of 2014, but it didn’t happen since Xiaomi was busy with the roll out of Redmi Note and Redmi Note 4G smartphones.
Xiaomi Mi 4 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- MIUI V5 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony Exmor R sensor, 5-element lens , f/1.8 aperture
- 8.9mm thick and weighs 149 grams
- 3GB RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- Infrared LED
- 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth and GPS
- 3080 mAh battery
The Mi 4 would also launch exclusively on Flipkart, like the other Xiaomi smartphones. It is not clear if the company plans to launch the Mi Pad as well at the event. The Mi 3 was launched in India last year at a ground-breaking price tag. The Mi 4 is also expected to be priced competitively.