Oppo unveiled the Oppo R5 with stainless steel body, micro-arc frame that is just 4.85mm thick at an event in Singapore back in September. Oppo today launched the Oppo R5 smartphone in India as expected. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p AMOLED screen, powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU and runs on Color OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Commenting on the launch, Tom Lu, CEO, OPPO India, said:
This phone has been developed with the end user in mind. We used cutting edge manufacturing techniques to create a phone that fits perfectly into the users’ hands, and that feels incredible. The frame has been forged nine times and then finished by hand to give a perfect sheen and feel. It has a quality that is not available anywhere else in the industry. The R5, like the rest of the R series delivers a truly stylish, exquisite and distinctive design and will continue to delight our customers with its innovative yet practical functions.
Oppo R5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- Color OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, Schneider lens
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4.85mm thick
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 2000mAh battery with VOOC Rapid Charge
The Oppo R5 comes in silver color and is priced at Rs. 29,990 in India. It will be available for pre-booking from January 1, 2015. Check out the Oppo R5 Photo Gallery.