Lenovo has launched the Lenovo S580, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the S-series in India. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
It comes pre-installed with Lenovo’s proprietary DOit apps for seamless data sharing, security and syncing. It has 3G connectivity, dual SIM support with dual standby, packs 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage with expansion slot and a 2150mAh battery.
Commenting on the new launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director- Smartphones, Lenovo India, said:
Lenovo has been in the forefront of product innovation offering consumers a range of superior value for money smartphones. The new range of S series smartphones are stylish and feature rich suiting the users’ aspirations. The S580 is an amalgamation of stylish design, blazing fast processing speeds, and integrated Lenovo proprietary apps making it a unanimous choice for users looking at smartphones at a sub 10k price category.
Lenovo S580 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 (MSM8212) processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 129 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2150 mAh battery
The Lenovo S580 comes in black, silver and gold colors and is priced at Rs. 8,999. It is exclusively available from Snapdeal.