Lava has launched Iris Selfie 50, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone after the Iris X5 that was launched back in September. It has a 5-inch HD display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash to capture better selfies, similar to the Iris X5.
It has 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage with expansion slot. This has a slightly bigger 2400mAh battery, compared to the 2100mAh battery on the Iris X5.
Commenting on the launch of Iris Selfie 50, Navin Chawla, Vice President and Head – Product, Lava International Limited said
Iris Selfie 50 comes with a best in class front camera at a very competitive price that aptly suits the needs of the selfie crazy generation. Through this device, we plan to expand our range of selfie focused smartphones without compromising on the functionality aspect. The smartphone delivers a rich photography experience at an attractive price. We have already received an overwhelming response from the customers for the recently launched Iris X5 that had embarked our entry into the range of selfie smartphones
Lava Iris Selfie 50 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touchscreen IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (Normal SIM + micro SIM) with dual standby
- 8MP rear camera with BSI 2 sensor, 1.4 μm Pixel Size and Dual LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 71.2 x 9.2mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2400 mAh battery
The Lava Iris Selfie 50 comes in Black, Blue and White colors and is priced at Rs. 7,699.