Apple just unveiled the iPad mini 3 with Retina iPad along with the iPad Air 2 as expected.It has the same 7.9 inch Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution seen on last year’s iPad mini with Retina Display and the same Apple A7 processor with M7 motion co-processor, but this has a Touch ID fingerprint sensor, similar to the iPad Air 2. Since it doesn’t have NFC, it’ll be used for Apple Pay Within Apps. It runs on the latest iOS 8.1.
It has a 5-megapixel iSight camera with 1080p video recording and a FaceTime HD camera.
Apple iPad mini 3 specifications
- 7.9 inch Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution at 326 ppi, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- 7.5 mm thick, weighs 331 g (WiFi) / 341 g (WiFi + Cellular)
- A7 64-bit chip
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE (Optional), Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0
- 5 MP iSight 1080p camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera
- 16/64/128GB variants
- 23.8-watt-hour battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
The Apple iPad mini 3 comes in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold. It is priced at $399 for the 16GB version, $499 for 64GB and $599 for the 128GB for WiFi. The WiFi + LTE variant costs $529, $629 and $729 for 16GB, 64GB and 128GB variants, respectively. It’ll be available for pre-order starting October 17th and starts shipping next week.