Rovio Stars has released Plunder Pirates, a strategy game for iPhone and iPad globally, as it promised last week. It is an online multiplayer strategy game. You need to build a 3D base, recruit a crew of pirates, explore uncharted waters full of monsters and treasure, and attack and plunder rival players online. The game is developed by Midoki.
Commenting on the launch, Chris Gage, Co-Founder of Midoki, said,
With Plunder Pirates we wanted to bring our knowledge and expertise to mobile and create a genre defining product, with a stunning 3D environment, engaging gameplay, as well as multiple online and social features; we think we’ve done just that. And thanks to Rovio we are able to reach a far wider audience than we could have ever imagined.
Jami Laes, EVP of Games at Rovio Entertainment, said,
Rovio Stars is all about publishing the best games from the best developers. Plunder Pirates sets a new benchmark of what a Rovio Stars game should be, and it’s an honor to have those sentiments shared by Ian Livingstone. Rovio Stars brings developers Rovio’s best in class tools to develop a hit franchise in the mobile space and beyond.
Features of Plunder Pirates for iPhone and iPad
- BUILD an epic 3D pirate island then spin it 360° to see every angle!
- ASSEMBLE a crazy pirate crew from 10 seafaring scoundrels!
- EXPLORE uncharted waters in your mighty galleon!
- BATTLE rival Captains, ransack enemy islands and plunder their booty!
- JOIN a Pirate Guild with your friends and enjoy exclusive Guild perks!
Download Plunder Pirates (Free with in-app purchases) – iPhone and iPad