Porsche Design and BlackBerry have announced the Porsche Design P’9983 luxury smartphone. The third Porsche Design smartphone from BlackBerry runs on BlackBerry 10 has sapphire glass for the camera lens, forged stainless steel for the Porsche Design floating logo and chassis, and a special glass-weave technology for the back door.
It also has specially crafted glass-like keys with the durability of rigid synthetic material, and a special 3D effect with silver font characters, says the company. It has BBM with Unique PIN that is instantly recognizable as a Porsche Design user. BlackBerry also rovides an exclusive Porsche Design PIN range – 2AAXXXXX.
BlackBerry would offer handcrafted leather backdoors made from fine Italian leather that comes in Yellow, Blue Green, Dark Brown, Pomegranate, Paloma Grey, Salsa, Blue and Orange colors separately.
BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9983 specifications
- 3.1 inch (720 x 720 pixels) 24-bit color OLED display
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (MSM8960) processor
- 2 GB RAM, 64GB storage, microSD slot (Up to 128 GB)
- Touch screen navigation and full QWERTY physical keyboard
- BlackBerry 10.3 OS
- 8 MP Autofocus rear camera with LED flash, 5 element F2.2 lens, 1080p HD video recording
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 119 mm x 67.1 mm x 10.6 mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC , Micro HDMI, GPS GLONASS
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity sensor
- 2100 mAh removable battery
The BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone would be available from Porsche Design stores, select carriers and retailers around the world by the beginning of October 2014. It is available for order from Porsche Design website for 1650 Euros (US$ 2,130 / Rs. 1,30,200 approx).