LG unveiled G3 Beat back in July, and it went on pre-order online earlier this month. Today LG has officially launched the smartphone in India. It packs a 5-inch HD display with a screen-to-body ratio of 74.1%, powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new flat UI.
It comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera with single LED flash and Laser Auto Focus that should provide fast focus, even in low light conditions. It has a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, has a floating arc design and metallic design, Smart keyboard, QuickMemo+ and more features similar to LG G3.
Commenting on the new launch, Swoon Koon, LG Electronics India MD, said,
Mobile communications needs to serve the requirements of a growing segment of consumers who are looking for a balance between style, design, features, and great performance, combined together at a favorable price. The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven performance, great innovation and an attractive price, all in a single device.
LG G3 Beat specifications
- 5-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm; Weight: 134 g
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.0 , GPS / GLONASS, NFC
- 2,540mAh (removable) battery
The LG G3 Beat comes in Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold and is priced in India at Rs. 25,000 (MRP). It also comes with Snap-On Case with multiple color options. It will be available across India starting today. The European variant called the LG G3 S was showcased at the IFA earlier this month, check out the hands-on below.