Samsung has announced the Galaxy Note Edge along with the Galaxy Note 4 at the IFA 2014. It has a 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) QHD Super AMOLED display that bends on the right side that utilizes 160 pixels and gives you access to frequently used apps, alerts and device functionality even when the cover is closed with the swipe of a thumb. It is powered by a 2.7 quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new Samsung UI. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Smart OIS and a 3.7-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture.
Other features are similar to the Note 4, including S Pen Stylus, Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments, S Health 3.5 and more. It has 3000 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode, compared to 3220 mAh battery on the Note 4.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe , Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge comes in Frost white and Charcoal black colors and would launch at the end of the year in selected markets. No word on pricing yet.