The handset comes with a 5-inch 1280 x 720p HD display, akin to a lot of flagships from 2013. As you might have guessed already, the CPU running under the hood is the octa-core MediaTek MT6592, which is said to be the world’s first ‘true’ octa-core. A healthy 2GB of RAM complements the octa-core processor to add up to a respectable specs set.
- 5-inch 1280 x 720p display with Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.7GHz MediaTek MT6592 octa-core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB expandable ROM
- Expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 13 mega-pixel rear Sony Exmor RS camera
- 5 mega-pixel front BSI camera
- dual speakers with DTS Surround sound, Dedicated Audio DAC (Wolfson)
- 2100mAh battery
- Dual SIM
- Android v4.4 KitKat
The device comes with a price tag of 14,999 INR or roughly $250.
A lot of local makers have been forced to lower prices following the Mi 3 onslaught from Xiaomi, but the good thing here is that the consumer is the only winner here.
[Update: Xolo has confirmed that the display is HD, and not Full HD]