Google Now Launcher arrived along with the Google Nexus 5 running Android 4.4 (KitKat) so that you can directly access Google Now from the home screen. Back in February Google released the Google Now Launcher on Google Play for its Nexus and Google Play Edition devices running Android 4.4 (KitKat). Today Google has released the Google Now Launcher for all devices running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher. Even though you could side-load Google Now launcher APK on other devices before, the Google Play app would offer you instant updates.
Features of Google Now Launcher
- Google Now on your home screen – it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
- Just say “Ok Google” – when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
- Faster search – tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
- Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
- Larger viewing area – the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
- Intuitive wallpaper picker – select any image that’s stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.