LG has introduced Tab Book (11TA740-GA50K), the company’s latest Android convertible. It is a variant of the Tab Book 2 with Windows 8.1 that was unveiled earlier this year at the CES. It has the same 11.6-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) full HD display, powered by a 2.6GHz 4th Gen Intel Core i5 4200U processor with Intel HD Graphics 4400, but this runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). The Windows buttons on the tablet has been replaced by Android home button.
It has 4GB RAM, 128GB solid state drive (SSD) and comes with a physical slider keyboard. It weighs 1.05 kilograms, heavier than normal Android tablet and is 16.7mm thick. It has reader mode that reduces the display’s brightness for reading documents comfortably. No details about the battery capacity yet. Check out the other specifications below.
LG Tab Book (11TA740-GA50K) specifications
- 11.6 inches (1920 × 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 4th generation Core i5 4200U (Turbo 2.6GHz, Cache 3MB) with Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Dimensions: 286 x 192 x 16.7mm; Weight 1.05 kg
- 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Micro SD slot
- Two USB 3.0 slots, standard HDMI
The LG Tab Book (11TA740-GA50K) comes in Snow White color. It would initially be available only in Korea, but there is no word on pricing or global roll out yet. HP launched Slatebook x2, an Android convertible in India last year.