Asus has launched the Zenfone 5 in the Zenfone series in India today. It was announced earlier this year at the CES 2014 and comes with a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive multi touch display with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection, powered by a 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 with PowerVR SGX 544 MP2 GPU and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with Zen UI on top. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Asus Zenfone 5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive multi touch display with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor
- Dual SIM with dual standby (micro SIMs)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with Zen UI, upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 10.34 mm thick and weighs 145g
- 2GB RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2110 mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone 5 (A501CG) comes in Charcoal Black, Pearl White, Cherry Red, Twilight Purple and Champagne Gold colors. It is priced at Rs. 9,999 (MOP) for the 8GB variant and the 16GB variant costs Rs. 13,999 (MRP). We unboxed the Zenfone 5 recently. Check out the unboxing below.