Sony has just announced the Xperia T3, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone. It come with a 5.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera Sony Exmor RS sensor, LED flash and 1080p video recording and a 1.1-megapixel HD front-facing camera.
The smartphone is just 7mm thick, slightly thinner than the Xperia T2 Ultra that was released recently. This is the world’s slimmest smartphone with a 5.3-inch display, says Sony. It has a stainless steel frame and an aluminium power button. It comes in both 3G HSPA+ (D5102) and 4G (D5103 and D5106) variants.
Sony Xperia T3 specifications
- 5.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD TRILUMINOS Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8928) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 1.1MP HD front-facing camera
- 7mm thick and weighs 148 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, Upto 32GB expandable memory via microSD card
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n ( 2.4 GHz/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 2500 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia T3 comes in Black, White and Purple colors and would launch globally from the end of July 2014. Sony has not announced the pricing yet.