Acer has announced Liquid X1, the company’s first smartphone powered by an octa-core processor. It has a 5.7-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) capacitive touchscreen IPS display based on Zero Air Gap, powered by a 1.7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS.. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.3 second fast auto focus, LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has Acer Zoom Fit, AcerRAPID and AcerFLOAT features. The Acer Zoom Fit lets you reduce the user interface to just 4-inches for one handed usage. The AcerRAPID button on the back lets you launchnch the camera, pick up phone calls or launch apps easily. It also has 4G LTE support that offers download speeds up to 150Mbps.
Acer Liquid X1 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display
- 1.7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP autofocus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Acer Zoom Fit, AcerRAPID and AcerFLOAT
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and aGPS
- 2700 mAh battery
The Acer Liquid X1 comes in black and red colors and would be available starting from Q3 2014. No word on pricing yet. We will be there at the Computex event in Thailand to bring you more details about the smartphone.