Samsung has made the Galaxy S5 Active official after several leaks. It would go on on sale in the U.S. today on AT&T. It has similar specifications as the Galaxy S5, including a 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Samsung own UI on top. The Galaxy S5 already has IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance, but the Galaxy S5 Active is shockproof and meets US Mil-STD 810G for shock, temperature, humidity, rain and altitude. It also has physical keys, similar to Galaxy S4 Active.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 4K video recording and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.It also has heart rate sensor on the back and also comes with a dedicated Activity Zone app.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash and 4K video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Rugged Design, Shock proof, IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 8.89 mm thick and weighs 175 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- S Health, Activity Zone app
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active phone comes in Camo Green, Titanium Gray and Ruby Red colors. It would be available from AT&T starting today at $199 with a two-year agreement. No word on the unlocked pricing or details about the global roll out yet.