Xolo released the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) update for the Q1000 Opus recently, skipping the Android 4.3 update. Today, the company has announced that it would release Android KitKat update for Q700S, Q1010i, Q1010, Q3000 and more smartphones by June 2014. It will also launch new smartphones with Android Kitkat soon.
Xolo has also released a changelog for the Q1000 Opus KitKat update. Here is the official changelog
- Smoother multitasking experience through better memory management
- Upgraded Hangout that supports SMS and MMS integrated in the same application
- Immersive mode that hides everything except the application used
- Smarter caller tool that identifies unknown numbers by using Google Maps data and prioritizes contacts based on the people mostly spoken with
- Redesigned email app with nested folders, contact photos and better navigation
- Integration with Google Drive
Xolo is the first Indian OEM announce its plans regarding the Android 4.4 roll out. Several manufactures such as Samsung, Sony and Motorola have already started rolling out KitKat update for their existing devices and also started releasing smartphones running Android 4.4 out of the box.