Today, Samsung announced the successor of the Galaxy S4 zoom as a new Samsung Galaxy K zoom. The main talking point of this camera centric device is the 20.7 Megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, 4.4-44mm lens with 10x optical zoom, Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and Xenon Flash. The Galaxy K zoom features a much better packaging (relatively) and better specifications than the yesteryear predecessor – Galaxy S4 zoom. We will be comparing it with the Nokia Lumia 1020.
The list of entire specifications of Galaxy K Zoom are as follows
- 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz Dual Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core Exynos (5260) processor with Mali-T624 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP rear camera with Xenon Flash, BSI Sensor, OIS and 10x optical zoom, 1080p video at 60 fps
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE/3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, aGPS + GLONASS and NFC
- 2,430mAh battery
We are live from the event and we have Nokia’s Lumia 1020 with us which is currently the king of smartphone cameras. We have a small hands on video comparing the two camera smartphones right below.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is more smartphone less camera in terms of build while the Galaxy K Zoom is more camera and less smartphone. However, Nokia Lumia 1020 has established itself as a very capable smartphone camera and you will have to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see how the camera on the Galaxy K Zoom performs.
Check out the comparison of the Galaxy K zoom with the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S4 zoom. Check out how the two device compare against other in terms of hardware and design in the photos right below.
Monish Kumar contributed to this report!