HTC has launched the Desire 816, the company’s latest phablet in India. It was announced at the MWC 2014 earlier this year. has a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers and comes with dual SIM support.
HTC Desire 816 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 5.5
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 720p HD recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.99mm-thick and weighs 165 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- 3G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 816 comes in Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colors and is priced at Rs. 23990. This is definitely a great pricing for the phone to compete with the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. We went hands-on with the Desire 816 at the MWC, check out the hands-on.