HTC has unveiled the Desire 816, the company’s latest phablet at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It has a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and runs on Android with HTC Sense 6.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers and comes in single SIM and dual SIM variants. It uses a nano SIM.
HTC Desire 816 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Android with HTC Sense 5.5
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 720p HD recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.99mm-thick and weighs 165 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 816 comes in Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colors. It will be available starting March in China and would roll out to other countries gradually. HTC plans to launch the dual SIM variant in India soon.