Viber app makes its way to Windows 8 App Store
Viber, cross-platform VoIP app finally makes its way to the Windows 8 App Store, that enables you text and make calls on both Windows 8 and Windows RT devices running on Windows 8.1 OS. This version has been designed from the ground-up for Windows 8 and brings a lot of new features that are not available on any other platforms, including a touch-friendly custom interface, live tiles and lock screen notifications.
It has messaging, free calls, stickers, and seamless integration and call transfers between mobile and desktop versions of Viber. The app is already available for Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, Blackberry, Windows Phone and even some Asha phones.
About the new Windows 8 app, Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber, said
This is the natural next step for Viber following our support for Windows Phone 8, bringing a fully compatible and custom designed version of Viber to Microsoft’s touch-friendly OS. Windows 8 is an exciting platform to develop for, and brings a whole new set of UI elements and unique functionality to Viber for the first time. We are excited to support Viber users on Windows 8 and this is part of our commitment to wide, cross-platform availability.
Features of Viber for Windows 8
- Text with your friends
- Make free calls with HD sound quality
- Create groups with up to 40 participants
- Send stickers and emoticons, making messaging fun!
- Share photos, receive videos, and attach locations
- Pin Viber and/or specific conversations directly to the Start screen
- Snap Viber to the side of your screen and work, play or browse the web with Snap View
- Search for Viber contacts using the Search charm
- Share content on Viber and on Facebook using the Share charm
- Toast notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call
- Change languages regardless of your system language