Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Golden (SHV-E400) with dual 3.7 inch (800 x 480 pixels) Super AMOLED displays. Since there is a display on the front of the smartphone, you can also used it when it’s closed. You can flip open to use the other screen with a keyboard. Samsung aims to target the mid-aged or older demographic segments with this phone. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 1.9-megapixel camera. It also comes with S health, business card recognition, easy mode and more features. Samsung unveiled the SCH-W789 Hennessy, a flip phone with 3.3-inch dual displays in China recently.
Samsung Galaxy Golden specifications
- 3.7-inch (480 x 800 pixels) dual touch screen Super AMOLED displays
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 118 x 59.5 x 15.8 (mm), Weight 179 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- 4G LTE /3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- 1,820 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Golden would go on sale in Korea starting 21st August from major mobile carriers, SK Telecom (SKT) and Korea Telecom (KT). It comes in Champagne Gold color and is priced at 799,700 South Korean Won.