BlackBerry launched the Q10, the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard last month at a hefty price tag of Rs. 44,990. The company is all set to launch the Q5, a budget version of the Q10 in India tomorrow, July 16th. The BlackBerry Q5 was announced at the BlackBerry Live event in Orlando last month. It packs a 3.1-inch (720 x 720 pixels) capactive touch screen IPS display at 330 PPI pixel density and has a 35-key QWERTY physical keyboard similar to the Q10. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, packs a 2GB RAM, 8GB of inbuilt memory and supports microSD cards upto 32 GB.
BlackBerry Q5 specifications
- 3.1-inch (720 x 720 pixels) IPS display at 328 PPI pixel density
- 35-key QWERTY physical keyboard
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 10.5 mm thick and weighs 129 grams
- 5MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB via microSD card slot
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2180 mAh Non-removable battery
The BlackBerry Q5 would come in Black, White and Red colors. No word on the pricing yet but we expect it to be priced in the Rs.25,000-30,000 range.
Check out the hands-on below. Also check out the BlackBerry Q5 photo gallery.