Acer Iconia A1 tablet with 7.9-inch IPS display, Android 4.2 goes official
Acer has officially announced the Iconia A1-810 tablet that surfaced last month. 7.9-inch (1024 x 768 pixels) IPS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a VGA (0.3MP) front-facing camera. It comes in Wi-Fi-only and 3G + WiFi variants. Acer launched the Iconia B1 with a 7-inch display and a dual-core Mediatek processor in India earlier this year, so we can expect this table to launch in India.
Acer Iconia A1-810 specifications
- 7.9-inch (1024 x 768 pixels) capacitive multi-touch IPS display
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek processor
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dimensions - 208.7mm x 145.7mm x 11.1mm
- Weight: 410g (WiFi only); 430g (3G)
- 3.5mm audio jack, microphone jack, internal speaker
- 1080p full HD video playback
- 3G (optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI, GPS
- 1GB RAM, 8 /16GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3250 mAh battery
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is priced at US$169 (~Rs. 9092) for the 8GB version and the 16GB version would cost MSRP of US$200 (~Rs. 10760). These tablets would go on sale in the U.S later this month.