Acer’s upcoming tablet, Iconia A1-810 has been spotted on a french retail site. It has a 7.9-inch (1024 x 768 pixels) IPS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a VGA (0.3MP) front-facing camera. Acer launched the Iconia B1 with a 7-inch display and a dual-core Mediatek processor in India earlier this year.
Acer Iconia A1-810 specifications
- 7.9-inch (1024 x 768 pixels) capacitive multi-touch IPS display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 10.5 mm thick and weighs 460 grams
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek processor
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, microphone jack, internal speaker
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3250 mAh battery
It is listed on the french retail site rueducommerce at 199 Euros (~US$259), but according to a recent report from Digitimes, the tablet would be available for $149 to compete with the iPad mini, according to their sources. It is expected to go on sale in June.