Xolo is all set to launch the Q800, the company’s first Smartphone powered by a quad-core processor next week. We already told you earlier this week that the Xolo Q800 is coming this month. The phone showed up on Flipkart with complete specifications, and there is a count down for the phone’s launch on Xolo website, which shows 6 days remaining. It has a 4.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It might be the MediaTek MT6589 SoC similar to the Micromax A116 Canvas HD since this has a PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
Xolo Q800 Specifications
- 4.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) 16M color capacitive touch screen IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor withPowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor
- 1.2MP front-facing camera
- 9.6 mm thick
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.7 Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2100 mAh battery
The XOLO Q800 page on Flipkart says coming soon without a price tag. But it is expected to be priced between Rs. 12,000 and Rs. 13,500 as we reported earlier. Xolo plans to launch 4 quad-core devices in the next two months.
[Update 2: Xolo has officially launched the Q800 for Rs. 12,499. Flipkart has also reduced the price of the device]
[Update: Xolo Q800 is now available from Flipkart for Rs. 12,999]