Samsung HomeSync Jelly Bean-powered Media Hub announced, streams content from Galaxy devices to TV
Samsung has announced HomeSync, the company’s first home hub solution for Galaxy devices. This is a media streamer that can stream content including Android games, access Play Store and strean media content from your Galaxy device wirelessly to the TV at 1080p Full HD resolution. It packs a 1TB drive that lets you create up to 8 accounts for your family, allowing them to share content with multiple devices instantly through the Hub.
It also has File encryption and user-specific ID and password for privacy to stores their data privately and the HomeSync also has common shared area. You can interact with the media content wirelessly using the phone. It is powered by 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. Unlike the Google TV, this is mainly designed for Galaxy devices.
Samsung HomeSync Specifications
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- Android Jelly Bean OS
- 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB eMMC, 1TB HDD
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz), HT40 2 x2 MIMO Channel Bonding, Bluetooth 4.0
- External USB 2.0 x 2, micro USB, HDMI
- Video: H.264, H.263, MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, WMV7/8, MP43, VP8, DivX
- Audio: MP3, AAC LC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA 9std/10pro/Lossless, FLAC, Vorbis, AMR-NB/WB, Wav, Mid, AC-3
- DRM: HDCP 1.3/2.1, Playready, Widevide, Trustzone
Source: Samsung Tomorrow