Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 rugged phone with 1 GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.1 announced
Samsung has announced the Galaxy Xcover 2, successor of the Galaxy Xcover that was introduced back in 2011. The Xcover 2 is water resistant to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes with IP67 certification, and is also dust and sand proof. It has upgraded specifications including a 4.0-inch WVGA (480 × 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, 1 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording and VGA secondary camera. It also comes with a dedicated camera key. It has Samsung’s unique features such as S-Cloud, S Voice and Smart Stay. It comes with Cardio Trainer Pro workout application.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 Specifications
- 4.0-inch (480 × 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- IP67 Certified
- 12 mm thick and weighs 148.5 grams
- 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording and VGA secondary camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS
- 1,700mAh battery
No details about the availability or the price yet.