Byond Tech, popular for the Mi-Book series of tablets has launched Phablet III, an Android smartphone with a 6-inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display and 1GHz dual-core processor. It comes with dual SIM (GSM + GSM) support with dual Standby and runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It comes with a 8MP rear camera wih LED flash and a VGA front-facing camera. Even though it has a large screen like a table, it has functions of a smartphone, but there are no details about the RAM and internal memory yet. Karbonn launched the A30, an Android Smartphone with a 5.9-inch screen recently.
Byond Phablet PIII specifications
- 6-inch (854 x 480 pixels) capacitive 5-point multi-touch display
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- 11.3mm thick
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0, GPS
- Expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 2500 mAh battery
The Byond Phablet PIII comes in White, Black and Orange colors and is available across India for Rs. 14499 (MRP). It would soon be available from online retailer Flipkart.
[Update: Looks like Byond has made an error in the official press release. The Phablet III comes with Android 4.0, and not Android 4.1. It is now available from Flipkart for Rs. 11,217]