Samsung Galaxy Grand with 5-inch display, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.1 announced
Samsung has announced Galaxy Grand, a new Android phone in the Galaxy series. It has a 5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display and is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor. It runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash, BSI sensor for better low-light imaging, zero shutter-lag and ultra-quick camera start-up. It also has a 2MP HD front-facing camera. It would come in dual SIM (GT-I9082) and single SIM (GT-I9080) variants. It also Samsung’s unique features such as Multi Window (Multiscreen), S Voice, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Smart Alert and AllShare Play.
Samsung Galaxy Grand specifications
- 5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 9.6 mm thick and weighs 162 g grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and 2MP secondary camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC
- 2100 mAh battery
The Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082) would be available first and the single SIM (GT-I9080) would follow. No details about the price or availability yet.