Huawei has launched the Y100, their new entry-level Android smartphone in India in partnership with Spice, hence it called S Huawei Y100. It has a 2.8-inch (320 × 240 pixels) TFT Capacitave touch screen display and runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). It is powered by a 800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and has a 3.2MP fixed-focus camera at the back. The Huawei Ascend Y100 was announced back in May for select countries. Huawei launched the Ascend G300 and Y200 in India back in July.
S Huawei Ascend Y100 specifications
- 2.8-inch (320 × 240 pixels) 262k color TFT Capacitave touch screen display
- 800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7225A processor
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
- 10.9mm thick and weighs 100 grams
- 3.2MP camera
- 3G (HSPA 7.2Mbps) , WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR, GPS / aGPS
- 256MB RAM, 512MB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1050 mAh battery with up to 300 hours of standby and up to 300 minutes of Talk time
The S Huawei Ascend Y100 is now available from online retailer Saholic for Rs. 5990. Airtel users would get 500 MB of 3G data for 1 month, while the Aircel users would get 1GB 3G data for 3 months.