Adobe launches range of Creative Touch Apps for Android Tablets
Adobe has launched Adobe Touch Apps, range of 6 new creative apps for the Android Tablets that would bring offer professional-level creativity to millions of tablet users. These are designed to work with both finger and stylus input. The list of apps include, Adobe Photoshop Touch for image editing, Adobe Collage for moodboards, Adobe Debut for presenting and reviewing creative work, Adobe Ideas for sketching, Adobe Kuler for exploring color themes and the Adobe Proto for website and mobile app prototyping.
Adobe Creative Cloud, a new initiative expected in the first half of 2012 that would be a worldwide hub for creativity, with membership options that would let the users to access desktop and tablet applications, find essential creative services and share their best work. The Adobe Touch Apps will be able to be shared, viewed across devices or transferred into Adobe Creative Suite software for further refinement.
- Adobe Photoshop Touch – Transform images with core Photoshop features in an app designed for tablets. Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more.
- Adobe Collage – Assemble moodboards combining images, drawings, and text. capture and refine concepts by combining inspirational images, drawings, text, and files from select Adobe Creative Suite components into modern, conceptual moodboards and also share with others.
- Adobe Debut – It lets you elegantly present select Adobe Creative Suite designs to clients and colleagues virtually anywhere with confidence and complete control.
- Adobe Ideas – It lets you design almost anywhere using vectors, layers, and color themes. Create finished design work ready for production or easily access the results for refining in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Adobe Kuler – It lets you generate color themes that can inspire any design project. Explore hundreds of thousands of color themes created by the Kuler community – a vibrant social network of color enthusiasts.
- Adobe Proto – It lets you create wireframes of websites and apps on your tablet. Design interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps with the convenience of simple touch gestures.
These Touch Apps are available for download for the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) tablets and later at a price of US$9.99 each. Adobe Ideas is already available iOS devices from the Apple iTunes Store. Other 5 apps would be available in early 2012.