Nokia has just announced the 701 smartphone. It is a smartphone that follows Nokia’s new numbering system and runs on Symbian’s latest Belle version.
The 701 is very similar to the C7-00 in terms of design. The main changes are in the internal hardware. The 701 is said to be the equipped with the brightest smartphone screen in the world.
The specifications of the 701 are:
- 117.3 x 56.8 x 11mm, 131grams
- 3.5″ Capacitive IPS LCD ClearBlack Touchscreen with nHD (640x 360 Pixels) Resolution.
- 1GHz Processor and 256 MB RAM
- 8 megapixel EDoF camera with Dual LED Flash, 720p (1280×720 Pixels) Video at 30 fps and Secondary Front Facing Video Camera
- 8GB Memory and microSD Card Slot (Upto 32GB)
- FM transmitter (Play via Radio) and FM receiver, NFC (Near Field Communication) with Tap and share / Tap and connect
- Active Noise Cancellation, which delivers clear sound in noisy environments (second microphone is near battery cover catch)
- Integrated GPS with location support for A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID location techniques.
- Compass (magnetometer), accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensors.
- microUSB, 2mm charging port, 3.5mm Nokia audio connector
- BL-5K Battery (1200mAh) (standby time of 23 days and talk time of 17 hours (GSM) and 6.8 hours (WCDMA).
- WiFi 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 3.0
The phone will be available in the third quarter of 2011 in Dark Steel, Light Silver, Amethyst Violet and White Colours. The box contents are Nokia 701, Nokia Battery BL-5K, Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-179, Nokia Headset WH-207, Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-15 and NFC gift card linking to Ovi Store apps (selected markets).