Motorola Droid X Gets A Software Update
We have a good news for the Motorola Droid X users. Verizon Wireless has recently released a software update for the Motorola’s powerful smartphone. The latest software update comes with numerous enhancements and improvements. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Preloaded Madden NFL football game
- Preloaded Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Preloaded MyVerizon application (v5)
- Added Data Widget to home panel
- Improved Android OS Froyo stability
- Improvements to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: Enhancements to corporate email sync and push stop; PIN lock timeout now follows the server’s settings; Enhancements to SMTP authentication.
- Improvements to Visual Voice Mail: “Failed delivery to” message displays correctly when messages can’t be sent; Audio routes correctly to speaker, even when connected to a mono Bluetooth headset.
- Device now supports MP3 media files after MR2 update
- MusicPlay now runs smoothly and without lock-ups
- Weather widget stays with assigned location updates, not current location
- “Smart Profile: Face Down” feature will not permanently disable the phone’s ringer
- Enhanced audio sync when playing high quality WMV videos
- Improved video playback
- Clearer colors assigned to soft keys in applications such as Google Maps
- In the Contacts widget, keyboard now appears when using “type to search”
- Eliminated camera “Force Close” errors
- Device lock remains, even after a long, hard key press
- Quicker wake-up of display when on a call
The latest software update can be easily downloaded from Over-The-Air (OTA). It is always advised to backup your data before updating the device. For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download, head over to this page.