Xiaomi just launched the the company’s Mi TV in India, as expected. It was introduced at the CES 2017 and was launched in China in May last year. IT has a 4K panel with support for HDR. It has a 4.9mm slim frameless design and comes with Patch Wall, a UI layer on top of the Android OS that’s based on deep learning AI technology that can curate content based on recommendations. It brings all the content from the STB and seamlessly integrates right on your homepage.
It comes with a 11-button remote that also has Bluetooth so you don’t have to point at the TV to control it. The remote also combines Smart TV and STB experience seamlessly with Mi IR Cable that you have to simply Plug-n-Play with no configuration required. For content, Xiaomi has partnered with Hotstar, SunNxt, Voot, Sony LIV, Hungama and more. The company says that it comes with 500K+ hrs of content, and almost 80% of all content will be free to watch. No word on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video support.
Xiaomi is supporting all the major set-top boxes out of the box that includes 35K+ DTH/Cable operators across 48 different brands. It also has support for Indian languages (12 system and 14 content), apart from English. It will be introducing profiles later this year, which will personalize content for each family member according to their taste.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 specifications
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms
- 1.8GHz quad-core Amlogic Cortex A53 SoC with up to 750MHz Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 2GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.1)
- MIUI TV with PatchWall AI based on Android
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Mi Port, 3 x HDMI 2.0, AV, 1 x USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 DivX4 the VC-1 / WMV3 1080P at 60 fps, REAL 8/9/10 1080P at 30 fps
- 2x 8W speaker for DOLBY AUDIO, DTS-HD
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4 is priced at Rs. 39,999 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd. It also comes with free 3 months subscription to Sony LIV and Hugama, free Mi IR cable and free on-site installation for first three months of launch. Check out the first impressions of the TV here.