OPPO has launched A71 (2018) in India as the successor of A71 smartphone that was launched in India back in September last year. It is being called the A71 (3GB) in India and was introduced in Taiwan and Pakistan recently. It has similar specifications as the predecessor, including a 5.2-inch HD display, Android 7.1 (Nougat) OS with ColorOS on top, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 5-megapixel front-facing camera, but this is powered by Snapdragon 450 SoC instead of MediaTek MT6750 SoC.
The Indian version has 3GB RAM compared to the global version. It has an unibody metal design with dedicated dual nano SIM slots and a separate microSD expansion slot and packs a 3000mAh battery. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A71 (2018) specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 73.8 x 7.6mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A71 (2018) comes in Gold and Black colors, is priced at Rs. 9,990 and is already available from Flipkart.
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
We invest immense focus on bring our fans and consumers the best photography experience together with exquisite design. We have been leading the Selfie industry in the Indian market with our products for which we have received an overwhelming appreciation, especially from the youth. With the launch of OPPO A71(3GB), equipped with AI Beauty Technology and stronger performance we are confident to take our efforts a step-ahead in our selfie journey.