OPPO launched the A71 smartphone in India back in September last year, now the company has introduced the A71 (2018) in Pakistan and Taiwan. This has similar specifications as the predecessor, including a 5.2-inch HD display, Android 7.1 (Nougat) OS with ColorOS on top, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 5-megapixel front-facing camera, but this is powered by Snapdragon 450 SoC instead of MediaTek MT6750 SoC. It also has only 2GB of RAM compared to 3GB of RAM in the predecessor.
It also has A.I. Beauty Recognition technology that uses artificial intelligence to recognize skin tone and type, the gender and age of all subjects within an image and analyze environment lighting conditions by referencing other facial images from a massive global photo database, to beautify a selfie shot.
It has an unibody metal design with dedicated dual nano SIM slots and a separate microSD expansion slot and packs a 3000mAh battery. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A71 (2018) specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 73.8 x 7.6mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A71 (2018) comes in Black and Gold colors and is listed on OPPO’s Taiwan and Pakistan sites. It is said to be priced at PKR 19,899 (US$ 179 / Rs. 11,465 approx.) in Pakistan.