Vivo at the CES 2018 earlier this month showcased the world’s first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone that uses Clear ID FS9500 optical fingerprint sensor from Synaptics. Later the Vivo X20 Plus UD with in-display fingerprint sensor got certified by TENAA in China. Now the company has confirmed that the smartphone will be unveiled on January 24th. It is calling it Vivo X20 Plus in-screen fingerprint edition.
The smartphone shares similar specifications as the original X20 Plus, but this is slightly slimmer at 7.35mm, however it is few grams heavier at 183.1 grams compared to the X20 Plus.
In-display fingerprint scanner lets users unlock their smartphone through one-touch fingerprint scanning directly on the smartphone display. At the announcement Vivo said that its In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology outperforms other authentication solutions available for full-screen smartphones in many aspects.
Vivo X20 Plus UD rumored specifications
- 6.43-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18: 9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4B RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 3.2 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 12MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.2 × 80.02 × 7.35mm; Weight: 183.1g
- 3.5mm audio jack, ES9318 DAC
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3905mAh (typical) / 3800mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The phone will come in Gold, Rose Gold, Black with Gold and Matte Black colors is rumored to be priced at 3,698 Yuan (US$ 573 / Rs. 36770 approx.)