Xiaomi along with the Redmi Y1, also launched the cheaper Redmi Y1 Lite smartphone in India. It was introduced as Redmi Note 5A in China back in August and packs a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 425 with 2GB RAM, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash with PDAF and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3080mAh battery, similar to the Y1, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio, 70% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8, upgradable to MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 153× 76.2 × 7.55mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite comes in Gold and Dark Gray colors, is priced at Rs. 6999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in, Mi.com as well as Mi Home and offline stores starting from November 8th.