After Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru, Uber has expanded its food delivery service – UberEats to Chennai. Uber has partnered with over 200 restaurants, including A2B vegetarian restaurant (exclusive on UberEATS), Aasife Biryani, Cream Stone, Bombaysthan and more in Chennai.
UberEATS is now available in Nungambakkam, T. Nagar, Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Mylapore, Alwarpet and Royapettah and will expand to other places soon. It will serve from Monday through Sunday from 9AM – 11.30PM.
As an exclusive launch promotion, UberEATS would be charging only Re.1 as the delivery fee on all orders in Chennai with no minimum order value. It has also launched FestiveEATS, which will give consumers exclusive offers on UberEATS app from October 14th.
HOW DOES UBEREATS WORK?
- Download the app (Android | iOS)
- Pick delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
- Find the perfect meal – Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
- Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to arrive whenever is most convenient for you
- Pay through PayTM, debit or credit card
- Track the progress of the delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and delivered to your destination
Commenting on the launch Bhavik Rathod, head of UberEATS India said:
We’re excited to launch UberEATS in Chennai within five months of commencing UberEATS operations in India. Synonymous to quick and reliable food delivery, we’re committed to providing a great experience to our consumers by giving them the power to choose from a range of cuisines at the push of a button. Our aim is to help everyone discover great food through the perfect pairing of amazing restaurant partners, our technology, and the Uber delivery network.