Apple just announced iPhone X, the company’s latest top-end iPhone at its event. It has a 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125) OLED Super Retina edge-to-edge display with 458ppi, highest pixel density in an iPhone. The display supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision, Million-to-one contrast ratio and also has 3D touch. It doesn’t have home button, instead it uses Face ID, face recognition technology to unlock the phone, powered by neural engine with dual-core, design that can carry out 600bn operations per second. Face ID uses TrueDepth camera system made up of a dot projector, infrared camera and flood illuminator.
It is powered by A11 Bionic chip, similar to the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. It has a Aerospace-grade 7000-series aluminum frame, glass back and is water and dust resistant. It has 12-megapixel dual rear cameras with dual optical image stabilization. It is custom tuned for AR. It has support for Qi wireless charging, fast charging that can charge the phone up to 50% in 30 minutes and promises 2 hours additional battery life compared to iPhone 7.
Apple iPhone X specifications
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical), 625 cd/m2 max brightness, 3D Touch
- Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
- 64GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 11
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x, Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 143.6x 70.9×7.7 mm; Weight: 174grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12 hours internet use, up to 21 hours talk time
The Apple iPhone X comes in Silver and Space Gray colors and is priced at US$ 999 (Rs. 63940 approx.) for the 64GB model and the 256GB model costs US$1,149 (Rs. 73,540 approx.). It will be available for pre-order from Friday, October 27 in several countries and goes on sale from November 3.