Last year’s LG V20 was the first phone to feature 32 bit Quad DAC for audio and the G6 has a similar DAC. Today LG has announced that the V30 will feature 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by ESS Technology’s SABRE ES9218P. The Hi-Fi Quad DAC now gets two new features: digital filters and sound presets. The original Hi-Fi Quad DAC emphasized delivering Hi-Fi sound as close as possible to the original source by minimizing distortion and white noise, Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC offers more customizable options.
Highlights of LG V30’s audio
- Digital filters improves the pre- and post-ringing of the impulse response with filters that can be customized to personal tastes.
- There are four optimal pre-programmed settings: enhanced, detailed, live and bass.
- The Hi-Fi Quad DAC controls left and right audio signals separately, adjusting balance and LG has managed to cut the distortion rate down to 0.0002 percent.
- The audio paths are wider than ever in the V30 so it can process large, high-quality audio files without any lag and with greater accuracy.
- Includes technology from partner company MQA Ltd. that facilitates high resolution audio streaming
- HD Audio Recorder in the V30 features the capability to use the audio receiver of the phone simultaneously as a microphone (Receiver-as-a-Mic or RAM). The RAM can record loud sounds clearly, so the LG V30 can record a wider dynamic range of sounds, from a whisper to a thunderstorm, without distortion.
LG also said that the V30 will come with a set of high quality B&O PLAY earphones. The LG V30 will be announced in Berlin on August 31st, 2017 at 9:00 am CEST (12:30 PM IST)."LG V30 will feature 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC with digital filters and sound presets",