Panasonic has launched Eluga I2 Active, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the country. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat), has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a metal body, but has huge bezels and doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Panasonic Eluga I2 Active specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.25 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 1GB /2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory with up to 128GB microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143×71.2×7.95mm; Weight: 133g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
The Panasonic Eluga I2 Active comes in Gold, Rose Gold and Grey colors and is priced at Rs. 7,190 for the 1GB RAM version and the 2GB RAM version costs Rs. 7,990.
Commenting on the launch, Pankaj Rana, Business Head – Mobility Division, Panasonic India, said:
With the launch of ELUGA I2 Activ, we aim to target users who wish to own stylish and selfie camera-specific smartphones. This smartphones comes with 5.0″ HD display which can be easily carried in your pocket and used on-the go. Consumers nowadays prefer using their smartphones as an everyday pocket camera. A recent research by Counterpoints Research stated that nearly 33% of users prioritize a better selfie camera or fingerprint sensor for their next smartphone purchase.