[Update] – Evan Blass has shared another render of Nokia 8. This is a silver/gray variant.
First render of the upcoming smartphone by HMD Global – Nokia 8, has been shared by Venturebeat. The render offers a clear look at the design of the phone from front and back.
The Nokia 8 sports Nokia branding, earpiece and a front camera at the top of the display. A physical home button that will also double as a fingerprint sensor and two capacitive touch buttons are situated at the bottom of the display. The phone has rounded edges and a unibody metal design.
At the back, the phone has a vertical dual rear camera setup with Zeiss optics. Both cameras are said to be 13 megapixels Earlier this month, HMD Global teamed up with ZEISS to use ZEISS optics on Nokia smartphones. Several Nokia flagships including the Nokia 808 PureView and Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41MP sensor came with Carl Zeiss optics.
Nokia 8 rumored specifications
- 5.3-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 518ppi Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 13MP Dual camera with ZEISS optics
- 12MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, notification LED
- Dual speakers
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE
According to the Venturebeat report, the Nokia 8 is expected to be announced on July 31.