Sony Mobile has officially announced the Xperia L1, its latest smartphone in the ‘L series’. It packs a 5.5-inch HD display with narrow side bezels, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat), has a 13-megapixel rear and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has 4G LTE connectivity and comes in both single and dual SIM variants depending on the market.
Sony Xperia L1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.45GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737T 64-bit Processor with Mali T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 151 x 74 x 8.7 mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2620mAh battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
The Sony Xperia L1 comes in Black, White and Pink colors. No details about the pricing of the phone yet.
Update: Sony said the phone will go on sale in North America in April of this year. It will also be available in markets such as Middle East.