Lenovo’s ZUK has announced ZUK Edge, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 86.4% screen-to-body ratio and 1.63mm narrow frame, is powered by Snapdragon 821 SoC and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with ZUI 2.5 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF + CAF dual focus modes for quick 0.1 second auto focus and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has U-Touch fingerprint sensor that is hidden under the glass panel to unlock the phone in just 0.09 seconds and for secure payments using Alipay, Paypal and more. It also has a heart rate sensor on the back that can measure blood oxygen levels. It also has 2.5D curved glass back.
ZUK Edge specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, 85% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with ZUI 2.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, CAF, 1.34μm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Dual nano SIMs
- Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate sensor, UV sensor, Altimeter
- Dimensions: 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm; Weight: 160g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD Sound for Hi-Fi audio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Edge comes in Ceramic White and Titanium Black colors and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 330 / Rs. 22460 approx.) for the 4GB RAM version and the 6GB RAM version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 360 / Rs.24,420 approx.). There is also ZUK Edge L, which is custom Lee Min Ho endorsement version. It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from January 1st.