ConveGenius and Lenovo have partnered to launch CG Slate for Grades K-5 with NCERT curriculum for Indian kids that promises to make learning fun and informative. It is the same Lenovo Tab 2 A7-20 loaded with educational content.
“This edutainment (Education and Entertainment) solution was earlier accessible exclusively to ConveGenius’ B2B clients, which include State Governments, large NGOs and learning centers in India, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia,” said the company.
Lenovo CG Slate / Tab 2 A7-20 specifications
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) IPS display
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8127 processor with Mali-450 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 2MP rear camera
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB
- Front Speaker, Dolby Audio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 105 mm x 9.3 mm x 189 mm; Weight: 269g
- 3450mAh battery
Higlights of CG Slate’s edutainment solution
- Learn Zone to learn about various subjects of his or her liking through video stories, digital books, worksheets and games based on the NCERT syllabus
- Play Zone with exciting cartoons, movies and games which TITU, CG Slate’s mascot, will take you through. Also earn coins as the child learns more; these coins can be redeemed in the Shop Zone for great cashback offers.
- Parents, through a password, can enjoy all the features of a standard Lenovo tablet, which makes CG Slate a premium affordable tablet for the entire family.
The Lenovo CG Slate comes in Ebony color and is priced at Rs. 8,499, but the first 1000 tablets will be available at an offer price of Rs. 7,499 exclusively from Flipkart.
Commenting on the launch, Jairaj Bhattacharya, MD, ConveGenius Group, said:
We envision CG Slate to be every child’s best friend for Learning, Entertainment, and Shopping. In this endeavour, we have partnered with best-in-breed brands such as Lenovo and Flipkart to ensure a seamless user and purchase experience, respectively. CG Slate is an affordable and comprehensive mobile learning solution, which uses the immense potential of gamification to personalise learning for kids, and supplements regular curricula taught in school with NCERT-mapped content. We are positive that CG Slate’s interactive lessons, games, videos and movies will enrich the overall learning experience of the young generation, and would be a real aid for parents.
Bhaskar Choudhuri, Director – Marketing, Lenovo India said:
"Lenovo CG Slate edutainment tablet for kids launched for Rs. 7499",
Tablet technology has been a game-changer for education since it allows young learners to leverage a touch-screen interface to access a wide variety of digital resources. Lenovo has always aimed at providing the best devices and technology for education and entertainment and our association with ConveGenius reinforces this commitment in the form of CG Slate. The Lenovo powered education tablet is an ideal device that provides an enriched and comprehensive learning experience for young children.