Lenovo has launched the Vibe K4 Note smartphone in India, as it promised. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, similar to the K3 Note, but this is powered by a 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity, including support for LTE bands in India.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with dual front-facing speakers, features Dolby Atmos and has three microphones for clear audio recording. This is the same Lenovo Vibe X3 Lite or VIBE A7010 smartphone that was introduced in China back in November last year, but this has 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB.
Lenovo Vibe K4 Note specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS 178 degree wide-view display, with 450 Nits Brightness, 1000:1 contrast, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor with up to 450MHz Mali T720-MP3 GPU
- 3GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Vibe UI
- Dual (micro) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, ISOCELL sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 76.5 x 9.15~3.8mm; Weight: 158g
- Dual front-facing speakers, Dolby ATMOS, 3 microphones, Wolfson WM8281 audio codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC, USB OTG
- 3300mAh (Rated) built-in battery / 3400mAh (Typical)
The Lenovo Vibe K4 Note comes in Tuxedo Black color and is priced at Rs. 11,999 in India. It will be available exclusively from Amazon through flash sales starting from 19th January at 2PM. Registrations for the sale begins 3PM today. Lenovo has partnered with Skllcandy for Lenovo Skullcandy Ando headphones that is priced at Rs. 1299.
[Update: Check out the Lenovo Vibe K4 Note hands-on impressions and the photo galley here.]
Lenovo has also launched its ANTVR headset for Rs. 1299 and the K4 Note VR bundle costs Rs. 12,499.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director- Smartphones, Lenovo Group, said:
More than 50 percent of digital content is consumed on mobile devices today, and smartphones continue to be people’s’ primary personal entertainment device. We expect the proportion will continue to grow in the future and the expectations of newer, more sophisticated functionalities along with it. Lenovo TheaterMax, powered by Lenovo VR, sets us apart with our commitment to design cutting-edge smartphones that meet the needs of consumers at an extremely friendly price-point.
Amit Agarwal, Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India, said:
We are obsessed with providing our customers with great value, fast and reliable delivery, and a convenient and trustworthy shopping experience across the largest selection of products. With several prestigious mobile brands already, Amazon.in is the marketplace of choice for millions of customers, who want to explore and buy a range of mobile devices. Today, we are excited to partner with Lenovo and offer the K4 Note to the Indian customers exclusively on Amazon.in.