Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A with 5.1-inch QHD display, Snapdragon 805 announced
Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A in Korea as expected. It has a 5.1-inch (2560 x1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display, powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has 3GB of RAM, compared to 2GB RAM on the Galaxy S5. Other features are similar to the Galaxy S5, including a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.
It supports LTE Advanced that would offer download speed of up to 225 Mbps. It has IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance, Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments and a built-in heart rate monitor.
Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A Specifications
- 5.1-inch (2560 x1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm; Weight: 145g
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up 128GB with microSD
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE-A (up to 225 Mbps) / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS
- 2800 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A comes in Copper Gold, Charcoal Black, Shimmery White and Electric Blue and Glam Red (SKT only) and is priced at 940,500 won (US$919 / Rs. 55340 approx). It would be available starting from June 19th through Korean operator SKT and would be rolled out through KT and LGU + later.