Samsung has finally launched the Galaxy S5, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Galaxy S series as it promised last week. It was announced at the MWC 2014 last month and packs a 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display, powered by a Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat).
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, Ultra HD video recording at 30fps, HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot and more new features and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It has IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance. It has Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments, S Health 3.0 with additional tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor and packs a 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold colors. It would be priced between Rs. 51,000 and Rs. 53,000. Final pricing would be unveiled when it launches on April 11th. It would go on pre-order on starting from March 29th.